- Measure the outside of the roof curb (not the skylight frame), note frame color and dome(s) colors.
- Order your curb mount skylight and gaskets from AiA Industries
- Fill out the "Curb Mount Skylight Worksheet" and submit for pricing. (make sure to order new curb gaskets if needed)
- Take the old skylight off, clean the curb of any debris
- Install our new curb gasket or add a bead of silicone to the top of the curb.
- Place the new Curb Mount Skylight on top of the curb centering it all around, then as you press the frame down, screw it down from the sides with non-corrosive wood screws (at least #10 x 1-1/2") and finally remove the protective masking from the lens.
- Flat Glass and Flat Polycarbonate curb mount skylights are similar but require a roof or curb that is sloped with a minimum of a 2:12 pitch.
Self-Flashing Skylights are similar to the Curb Mount Skylights except they do not require a roof curb because they have an aluminum curb built-in. The key is to measure the Rough Opening (RO) in the roof. Please call and ask for our Self-Flashing Skylight experts (Please see our "Self Flashing Skylight Worksheet")
Circular Skylights are similar to the Self-Flashing Skylights except they are round and have a built-in white fiberglass curb 9" high. The key is to measure the diameter of the Rough Opening (RO) in the roof. Please call and ask for our Circular Skylight experts (Please see our "Circular Skylight worksheet")
NOTE: Since Skylights are found on roofs, Safety is the most important part of the Installation process. Please consider getting qualified help when needed and using the proper equipment, tools, etc with care.